Friday 19 November 2010

Research and planning into design and layout (image shots)

I have researched already into mastheads, fonts and other design principles. Here is this blog I will be looking at different photo shots that I will be using for my front cover. The different type of shots that I need to think about are; long, midshot, closeup, medium shot, big close up or point-of-view shot.
In the brief it did say that the picture had to be a midshot.
Here are examples of the different shots:

MEDIUM SHOT

LONG SHOT



POINT OF VIEW SHOT

Taking all this shot research into consideration I have looked at the angles that I have to use also. In the medium shot I am going to use it for my front cover. On my contents page I will probably use a long shot and for my double page article I will  use point of view. On my front cover I will take the icon Rihanna to reflect how I want mine to look. The pose will look similiar with the same facial expressions. 

For my medium shot I know it shows the top half of someones body. Knowing this I know that I have to make my models face look effective enough to grab attention on the front cover. I will also have to consider the clothing she is wearing on top, as some of this will be shown.


No comments:

Post a Comment