Monday 15 November 2010

Research into Article

N-DUBZ ARTICLE
Here I researched this article of N-dubz. They are a popular urban/grime music band. This article describes how they first started in the music industry. I have noticed here that the image of them is focused on the 2nd page with the questions around them. The questions is highlighted with a black background with white font on it. This makes it clearer for the reader to distinguish who is asking the questions and then who is answering them. They are also in capitals, this helps to distinguish it too. The language in this article is very youthful. This relates to their target audience overall as a band. They are trying to appeal to teenagers close to their age which I believe this article does help to do. The image is a midshot taken from an angle below eyecontact. I have also noticed that the font of the title works with their type of music genre. Its got that graffiti effect which sums up just what they are all about. The use of the background being a brick wall works with this as well. It shows their particular type of lifestyle. The colour that stands out the most is red. The connotation of this is to make the article feel more feminine. With the band being two boys against one girl, the colour red gives back that a colourful look. 


For my magazine I now know that the genre of what ever artist I am using, I will try and relate it back into the layout and design of the article. This will make it clear to the reader from first glance and have some in-take to what my magazine consists of even without reading it. This is just one of the articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment